Friday, October 14, 2011

October 5th 2011

I made my goal for the first week!  I was very happy and so was my husband!  Now I have to reinvest and get more inventory.  I started following the blog http://www.theebayentrepreneur.com/.  The info there has helped me open up to new ideas.  Like I have been trying to get my husband to list his homemade cookies!  They are his great-grandma's recipes and they are SOOOOO good!  He hasn't bit yet but I can tell he was daydreaming about it!  It was good for us because it motivated him to make a couple batches of 'test' cookies!  YUM!


I also went to Goodwill to try and get some jeans to make complete maternity outfits to sell on EBAY.  I think that was a mistake.  I started doing those semi-annual children clothes consignment sales and what sells best are complete outfits.  Well, I realize that isn't the magic formula for EBAY. 


Tangent: I made over $700 at a consignment sale last month.  Of course it takes time to prepare but it's another source to make money! 


I was digging through our book case and came across a couple books I bought at a local online auction.  I thought my husband would like these books but he didn't.  Anyways, one of the books was The Whole Last Earth Catalog.  I did the research and saw this was going for big bucks!!! I think I paid $5 for it.  Sadly it was in bad shape.  The back cover got a tear in it from my toddler! Anyways, I listed it and wrote all the defects and it still sold for $148.  But a really good copy sold for $305! Sigh.....

Lesson Learned:

1. Be open to new ideas on what to sell but don't go to far off from what you know. That could be costly.  I went ahead and bought 3 golf shirts from Goodwill to sell on EBAY but I still haven't listed them. I am kinda lost on them.

2. What sells well in one venue might not in another. At the kids consignment sales complete outfits sell best.  But it seems to me single pieces or huge lots sell best on EBAY.

3. Keep your inventory separated and away from possible damage.  I really lost out on some money because I was careless with the book I sold.

  Fiddler Out......

No comments:

Post a Comment